Monday, July 22, 2019

No pooping toads around here

My friend Andrea, who has agreed to help us out in the garden, showed up late this afternoon, ready to work.  She worked like a Trojan for 4 hours straight, while we cooked and ate supper and then sat out in the garden and watched her.  She plans to come back Wednesday evening.  She took some of the suckers from the Nanking Cherries that had roots with her.  She evidently belongs to a plant exchange group, and thinks others might be interested in trying to grow them.

Andrea is an artist friend, and I once took a silk painting workshop with her as instructor.  She has also been involved in one of the Christmas Craft sales at my friend Gail's house.

Yes, it's hot here too.  Maybe even a little too hot to sleep.  There was a light breeze over the patio, which was part of the reason we sat out there for so long today.  But I got the red hanging I made during my workshop, all bound, and the hanging sleeve attached.  I think I'm going to be glad to see the end of the work on this one.  The workmanship is not perfect, and I'm tired of it, probably because my perfectionist heart doesn't like the improvisational nature of the piece.  There are a couple of other pieces from the workshop that I want to quilt, and finish, but I don't think they are going to be finished in a hurry.  I would rather sit outside and read.

My doctor increased the dosage on my diuretic, when I saw him on Wednesday, and I'm seeing results already.  I had wondered if that might happen, and I'm glad to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment