Friday, March 27, 2020

A Bailey Update

To the Vet yesterday - and they are in the COVID 19 precaution stage now. Door locked, and they open to let you in. No one else in there but Bailey and I and three staff in masks. So as of yesterday i shall be on my own for awhile and giving Bailey his fluids here at home by myself. I have the IV bag and tubing and butterfly needles and everything I need to give him his fluids subcutaneously. For now, two (or maybe three times a week if I think he needs it) And I have new pills to give him and new food is on order since the results of the bladder stone sent to the lab came back and I have to switch to a food that will crush stones. it all sounds so complicated but if it will help so be it. he is still not urinating as he should and I must keep pushing fluids on him - so now i give him ice cubes to chew on which he likes, and chicken broth ice cubes to lick. it is like a game i guess. 
Hope all is well with you folks and you are keeping busy safe at home alone? Harry went to the Foodland this morning to get a few necessities - the shelves are empty and we keep hearing that the food supply is sound and we should not worry. So where is all the stock i ask????? I have a pork roast in the oven right now, that he said was about the only thing on the meat shelf at the time but I like pork so will enjoy that.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment