Friday, March 20, 2020

Unfortunately, it's my special hand thrown coffee mug, but I'm in

We got a phone call late yesterday, asking me to come in today, to get my new hearing aid, as the office will be closed as of Monday.  So up to the alarm this morning, with a few minutes for breakfast and to check the latest news.  I have run out of green tea, so I checked the web site for the tea store, which is not far from the hearing center.  They were offering "curb-side-pickup", or free delivery, within the city.  I placed an order for "curb-side pickup.  After my hearing appointment, we stopped by, just on speculation, to see if we could get our tea.  The lady was there and told me that she hadn't had a chance to check internet orders, as she had arrived at the store this morning to find a flooded basement.  Then she offered to check the order and pull it together for me, if we would wait in the car.  After a bit of a wait, she came out to the car to tell me that she couldn't fill the order as she was out of one of the teas.  But she would be picking it up at the border on Monday, and could fill the order then.  That's where we left it, and I don't remember whether they will be calling me for pick up or if it is going to be delivered.  Guess I'll find out next week.

On our way to the tea store, I had phoned the fabric store to see if they were open, and they were.  This isn't very far from the tea store, at all.  Got there and found everything on my shopping list.  Next was a trip through the drive-thru Starbucks near home ( Not my usual store).  This store is in the same mall as our credit union, and it was open!!  After spending all day yesterday arguing with Shaw about how we were going to pay our bill!  So we rushed home and then back to the credit union and sorted out our accounts, even paying the credit card for the money that we spent on the new hearing aid.

I've been telling you all of this, so that you know I've been mobile and out and about, after having another fall yesterday.  I pretty sure I tripped over an electrical cord, in the basement.  We are now talking seriously about re-arranging the furniture in the studio.  I fell on my right shoulder, and hip, and I was concerned enough to have David take me to Urgent Care, yesterday afternoon.  Quite different than last time, as I was in, seen, x-rayed, and discharged in 2 1/2 hours.  There were only four other people in the waiting room and they consisted of two couples but each with only one patient.

So we've certainly been out and about, despite the "shelter in place" guidelines we're hearing.  Which makes a phone call I received this afternoon all the more disturbing.  My friend Gail called to let me know that she and the nephew who lives with her, are not feeling well and have come to realize that they were in contact with a potential virus source at a family gathering, about a week ago.  This was two days before the two of us celebrated my birthday together at Starbucks. When we spoke she was in a bit of a panic, most concerned about not having a will, but also concerned about potentially having passed the virus on to a pair of vulnerable elderly people.  Then I considered all of the people I was in contact with this morning.  Not happy thoughts.

So what can  be done?  Absolutely nothing.  What will be, will be.

On that happy thought, I'll wish you both a good weekend, and say "Good night!"

No comments:

Post a Comment