Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Whe-e-e-w!!

We appear to be on a fast moving treadmill.  We've been so busy every day, that I don't seem to have any time to sleep.  Yesterday, I was up early and off to Selkirk for my day in the Gallery.  It was a pleasant day, with a young lady named Kira.  She is a new member to the gallery, and I was able to share a lot of information with her, about how the gallery works.  I was typing up the minutes from the meeting a couple of weeks ago.  Forgot the mouse for my machine, so she suggested that I borrow the mouse from the galley computer.  I did and it worked just fine.  And, yes, we put it back before we left.

Then it was out to supper at the local Mall.  This is becoming a regular Tuesday night outing.  We went a little further, and were not home until midnight.  I had a terrible time sleeping, as it was so hot during the night. This morning it was up, showers, and off to the same mall for the last meeting about our taxes.  We got there a little early, so it was breakfast in the same food court as we had supper.  The taxes turned out to be more expensive than I thought they would be, but we still got a healthy refund.  A quick trip to the grocery store , on our way home for a bite of lunch, and then off to the optometrist. The medical supply store was in the same building as the optometrist, so I picked up the new wrist braces that my doctor had ordered, on the way in.  I have been concerned about what I felt is increasing difficulty with my close vision, mainly for reading.  While we waited to see her, I had picked out a very pretty pair of frames. But after a very thorough examination, she suggested that I might not need glasses, and that, given the distance that I report my reading is done, an old pair of special focal length glasses, just might do the trick.  These were purchased for using at the sewing machine.  We went to Starbucks after my appointment, and I tried the old glasses out while reading while drinking my coffee, and they seem to work just fine.

While in Starbucks, the snow started. Now it is coming down quite heavily.  There are 2-4 cm predicted.  Both of us are exhausted, so it will be a quiet night home.  We plan to watch "The Masked Singer" tonight , but it will probably be directly to bed after that.

Thinking about you and little Bailey, Beth.  We wish both of you well.  Not a good time for any of the Pearce household.

No comments:

Post a Comment