Friday, March 13, 2020

The whole world has gone crazy

We talked about the whole thing last evening and this morning, and decided to take precautions, but not go insane.  I checked the pantry and made a list of things we might potentially need.  It wasn't a long list, but we made sure that all of our prescriptions would be filled.  With my dieting, we didn't have a lot of canned goods like soup etc., and I decided to get frozen rather than fresh vegetables for myself.
We headed for Sobeys, shortly after 11:00, and found a zoo.  I've never seen the store so busy, and we've shopped there for years.  We got the pantry goods we needed, as well as some beef and pork.  We have two roasting chickens, a big turkey, and about 20 meals of boneless chicken in the freezer, so that seemed good.  Then we headed for Superstore for a couple of otc pharmacy items and my Rye Krisp.  It, too, was a zoo.  Then off to Walmart.  The parking lot was full, and people rushing around everywhere, inside. but we picked up the pills we had ordered, so headed to Tim's for a snack.  We had bought meat to make David some stew, and had planned to pick up fresh veggies for that on our way home, so they couldn't freeze in the trunk of the car, while we went elsewhere. So we returned to Sobeys for veggies about 1:00.  What a difference.  We found parking right in front of the store.  Inside very thing was cool and calm.  What a difference!

What gets me is the panic about toilet paper.  Neither the current flu nor the Covid19, have diarrhea as a symptom!  Insanity.  By the way, David phoned, this morning, and cancelled our trip to South beach.  I wasn't disappointed.  We are both considered high risk because of our age, and health problems.  We plan to stick close to home over the next 30 days.  The Charley Pride concert we have tickets for is April 27.  I hope it isn't cancelled.

A couple of months ago, a big white van was parked at the bottom of our driveway, some distance from the curb, and real problem for us backing out onto the street..  David has called the city to report it abandoned a couple of times.  A fellow came out about 3-4 weeks ago and took information, and told David that if it was still there in 30 days, it would be  towed. While I was typing this, the tow truck came.  Yay!!  It's gone.

Hopefully, I can get some time in the studio over the next while.  Today, I managed to put the binding on the most recent quilt I had machine quilted.  Now I want to get that red thing finished.  But first, we both need supper. Take care, and give some consideration to " Social Isolation".  I think we generally live that way, but we are all at risk.



No comments:

Post a Comment