Friday, March 13, 2020

Sounds exciting to me....

....afterall, my excitement these days is watching Bailey urinate. I have another appt for 3:30 pm today at Vets. He called yesterday to enquire as to Baileys status and requested another fluid injection today to get him nicely through the weekend. I guess he thinks about not being here over the weekend just as I do, and maybe wants to ensure he does not get a call? Although he has said emphatically, call me and I'll be there. Reassuring in a way, but i sure do not want to take advantage of such an offer if I can manage well on my own. So far it is working. 
Today is not nice - overcast, snowy and windy although on the mild side at just below freezing. Yesterday I had to open up the greenhouses and water all the plants and turn down the heat slightly because of the milder night temps, but Sat and Sunday nights will be minus teens again so I'll have to reverse that process tomorrow. 
Nice to hear that you are going to South Beach Pati as planned. Here's to another fun time away and hoping that you will enjoy yourselves (and maybe be lucky!!)
Here in Ontario the March Break that starts today has been extended by 2 additional weeks so all the schools will be closed for three weeks now. And as you say Cathy, so many events are being cancelled / postponed. Mike heard from the University that they might consider face to face classes again next week but in meantime, they have also stated that Final Exams starting in April will be on line - that is, students write their exams at home. Mike favours that idea as he will be comfortable in his own place, with a coffee, and does not have the hassle to drive into Sudbury and manoevre to different sites to write in the big Gym set up with rows and rows of tables. Also, since it is on line, he can use his computer to fill in the answers and write the essays rather than the current process of writing it all longhand with a pencil in a special little paper folder they give them.Time will tell what will happen i guess.
Well I just finished cleaning all the bird cages so now I must vacuum. Hey what excitement!!  I made a really tasty stew in the slow cooker yesterday so anxious to have another bowl of that for lunch.  Have either of you heard of the newest in cooking called Sous Vide?  Look it up on the net to see. Mike is thrilled with this method - he bought himself a machine, and says it is so easy for him to make a good meal.
I went to the store yesterday to buy toilet paper and some other items we needed, - the shelves of paper goods were almost bare and a sign saying only two packages per family. I still do not know the issues with toilet paper but i guess I might if push comes to shove and we find ourselves without down the road. What are you folks doing about stocking up related to the pandemic?
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment