Sunday, March 29, 2020

OMG! The Plague!

Sounds like you've got it nailed Cathy.  Sore throat, coughing, and exhaustion/lethargy/low endurance seem to be pretty well common to everyone who has it.  The temperature is not always a reliable indicator, and neither is the diarrhea.  So we can recover together.  I seem to have a little more energy today, and both David and Loren thought I looked better.  But, for sure, the blues are part of being stuck at home--we're supposed to stay there--period--for 14 days after the first symptoms.  Absolute Quarantine.  When I spoke to HealthLinks I was told that David and I had to stay in separate rooms, even sleep separately if at all possible.  We are to use separate bathrooms, and wash our hands very frequently making sure to use warm or hot water and enough soap to work up a good lather.  Evidently, soap in a lather erodes the outer fatty skin of the virus and kills it.  Who knew?  And stay at least 6 ft apart--no canoodling.

Loren was over to try out the key he found at home.  It worked, and he is planning to put it in the file with the legal documents, so it can be found next time.  He didn't come in, but did take a loaf of home made sourdough multi-grain bread we offered him.  I offered him a wet wipe to wipe down the plastic bag it was in, but he said he had his own in the car.  So many rules and things to remember.

I've been having quite a time taking a series of workshops on the internet.  There are about 18 of them, and they are releasing two per day.  The internet has saved my sanity over the past week.  I only have four books left from the big bag of library books I brought home, so I'm rationing my reading.  I ordered four books from Amazon last night, but that was over $50, so I won't be doing that too often.  Now I'm sorry I so recently re-read those two series that I've saved in my personal library. That being said, we aren't spending any money foolishly these days, although I've been trying to have us order in once or twice a week.  We don't have tap on any of our debit cards ( since my purse was stolen), so are having to use credit cards for anything we order. Who knew that Pizza Hut sold big chocolate chip cookies?  I was going to say 8 servings but that's ridiculous, so I'll just say cut into 8 pieces.

I'm trying to watch that fairly carefully, but I know we'll have to "pay the Piper" eventually.  Fortunately, we had almost paid off any previous purchases, so things may even out in the long run.  I understand why no-one wants to deal with cash, but we had stocked up on a bit of cash when this first started. Maybe we should consider ourselves lucky that these new rules, that circumstance has forced on us, are acting as a bit of a constraint.  

After lunch, and after Loren visited, I made my way downstairs for the first time in 3 days.  While the wax was melting for my batik, I did a little bit of work on two coffee cuffs that had been hanging around.  The batik will be a long term project.  It is almost certain that the gallery show, that I was to have been in during May, will be cancelled.  Adding to that the fact that I'm not at my best, (dragging "butt" at the people at work used to call it). and it just makes sense to put serious stuff aside and do putter-y things for the next while.  That way I can work within my energy constraints, and not get bent out of shape, if things don't work out.  Ah well!  We'll see how that works out.  ( snort)

Coffee's gone.  I guess that means my wax is dry and it's time to go putter.

No comments:

Post a Comment