Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Not quite the day I expected

You've been talking about loosing track of the days.  I'm doing the same thing, part of my problem being that I follow a pretty set routine everyday.  But the last couple of days have been less than routine.  Yesterday we did a bit of shopping, got some mail off, even visited the liquor store. David heard from DVA, being advised that his file was being "in-active" as one of the doctor's forms had not been filled out.  Quick to the phone and an appointment for 6:45 this morning.  When we got there, there was a well set-up triage, and no-one but the actual patient were being allowed in.  I hadn't wanted to go, but David had asked me to, so I was a little po'd.  I had to sit on a chair in the lobby, until he was finished-almost 2 hours.  At least they allowed me to use the bathroom just across the hall.

Usually when we have these early appointments, we celebrate by going out for breakfast on the way home, but not these days, with all restaurants closed.  So we stopped at a McDonald's drive-thru, and bought me a big cup of coffee--complete with caffeine.  As a result I was very busy in the studio, for most of the morning.  Not necessarily a bad thing, because I made a lot of decisions and got a lot done. 

This afternoon my tea arrived in a very nice small paper shopping bag.  Even a small gift of a package of organic herbal tea--Homestead Blend Algonquin Tea, produced in Eganville Ontario--meant to deal with colds and flu, and act as a muscle relaxant and soother.  O-k-a-a-a-a-y.   I imagine that this might be something she couldn't sell in the shop as I would never have bought it.  But I might try it.

I was disappointed as Dr. Phil has been shut down, by issues around Covid19.  He can no longer see people face-to-face, and was broadcasting from his home--from his "man Cave" as he described it.  After 1/2 hour, I turned it off and came up for my regularly scheduled coffee break.  But that's done now, time to go back down, and get back to work.  David and I seem to have this "Social Isolation" down pat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment