Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Another day, another day away from Starbucks

  Missing Starbucks for sure, but I do have coffee in the freezer, so that's okay.  Unfortunately, the treats are less expensive in this restaurant. 

What are you two missing most? I spent a couple of hours today wrestling with the other blog, and finally beat it into submission, although came away a little bent and battered myself.  I've been watching "Craft in America" on UTube.  I have sometimes caught it by accident  on PBS, before, so was excited seeing it in the selection beside that idiot woman on Last Homely House.  I shouldn't disparage her.  I envy her lifestyle, even if I would find it repetitive. She gets quite a bit of money for her quilts, unlike me. Still, she certainly keeps herself busy and in doing so keeps herself in good shape. Can't say the same about myself.

The other thing I'm doing a lot of is sleeping.  It's almost as though, having no control over what is going on in the world, I've given myself permission to relax, stop worrying, and catch up with myself.  That's nothing to sneeze at.  Obviously I need the sleep, because I don't appear to have caught up yet.  I slept last night, got up this morning, had breakfast and went back to bed for an hour and a half.  There was also time for a nap, the last couple of days.

Tomorrow, we roast a turkey.  It's been around for quite awhile, and I'm half afraid that we might have left it too long.  Put we bought some potatoes last Friday, in anticipation of the turkey, and I bought the veggies I need to use left over turkey in Dr. Phil meals, so we're counting on it to feed us for the next 2-3 days.

But now it's bed time, and I'm more than ready to get a little more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment