Monday, July 20, 2009

Back to work

The weekend was a bit busy but fun. Back to work for a week and then a weekend with no plans! We cleaned the office early on Satuday morning so that it wouldn't be hanging over our heads. The Lily Fest parade was about an hour long. Lots of people and tractors. An entire c0ntingent of Phillippinos marced together, and there was a South Korean & Ukrainian pavillion. It seems like all our new immigrants are very receptive to sharing their culture. Back at the legion all the paraders got a free lunch upstairs, but most were in the club room drinking beer. I bussed tables for a while, then we discovered that the sewers were plugged! Both levels full of people and no bathrooms. I was impressed how fast the plumbers arrived. They went in about 70 feet and pulled out a lot of roots. Of course, now the floors need mopping! All they had was a 6 oz mop! I went to the office, cause we have 16 and 20 ouncers. It is amazing how much water (I prefer to think of it as water) can back up our of the sewers. Then, once it was all cleaned up, 3 people bought me a beer! I still had to go and work at the Ukrainian Pavillion. The food there was great. I can't remember the names, but there were perogies, some kind of meat roll, Something like a ravioli, Ukrainian Cabbage rolls. (a bit different from the ones here.... less tomoato) 2 different deserts. One sort of like a fruit filled cresent roll and one that was a crepe with cottage? cheese and apricots. And, of course, Ukrainian beer. Sunday, we were supposed to be selling draw tickets. Your ticket was good for every draw, starting about 2 months ago. Sunday was the last draw and most people either had their tickets or weren't going to spend $20 for one chance at $1000. We didn't sell any and they let us go around noon. The rest of the day was wasted. I did some laundry and read a book (wonderful) We were supposed to have some company but they never made it, so it was relaxing. It will be busy this week again, but I am not going to let it exhaust me anymore. I can only do so much and if they want it done they will have to do it themselves or wait. (so there!) Oh, I forgot the mention the Chip truck was there all weekend....who needs breakfast when there are french fries!

No comments:

Post a Comment