Sunday, July 5, 2009

Be - from Strawberries to Nanaimo Bars

FYI - Cathy, Patty and I were talking about Nanaimo Bars and I recalled a receipe I took from Mom called Chocolate New York Slice which was the only name I knew to call these delicious bars - I had never heard of Nanaimo Bars until I tasted one and realized Mom used to make them but called as per the above - so I checked the recipe I took from home Patty, and the bottom is made with cocoa, graham wafer crumbs, nuts and coconut and the filling is with butter, custard powder, and icing sugar. So it sounds same as the more popular name of Nanaimo.
Funny that on the news they had interviews with the Strawberry Pick Your Own places around this area and they say it is poor this year and very late and likely will not be a good crop. The one place lost all their crop, and the other more popular place says they lost their early berries and that the mid summer berries are all they will have and that picking is taking place now but not very good. We may not get very many if we go on Tuesday??
Accomplished a fair amount of work today outside including finishing the new wooden lawn chairs with bright green paint and placing them in the picnic area - they look great but so bright it puts the other stuff to shame so I may have to freshen up the picnic table or smaller table in order to complement the chairs. Deers are finding their way into our yard - the other day found the tracks but no damage but tonight I spotted our tomatoes and the tops have been eaten off. So I have put more Downey sheets all around - apparently they are a deterent to deers ( but not too good by the looks of it haha) Oh well - nothing like the wild life enjoying a good feed at night!
Well, tomorrow it is to Mothers so I better get to bed now and rest up!
Cathy, hope your visit with Amber is good - did you have a nice supper at Legion?
Take Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment