Friday, July 3, 2009

Pati here

I would have thought that your union contract covered call backs on holidays--mileage if nothing else. Bummer! I know a union rep if you need one.



I have bought ribs, and I'll make them up and freeze them ahead of time. Dianne says she'll bring a big thing of potato salad, but with dressing on the side, so that we can use it over a couple of days. Salad makings are always welcome. Dianne is diabetic--not that she is too fussy about what she eats. She will be bringing her own breakfasts, as we usually have porridge and toast, and she says she avoids carbs. I don't plan on buying "snacks". If anyone needs snacks they have to bring their own. But I will make some cookies. I think I'll hard boil some eggs, so we can make egg salad or devilled eggs, maybe for lunches. We'll have lots of bottled water, and some Crystal Lite, but you may want to bring your own, if you have a favourite. You may also want to bring your own pop, as I will only have caffeine-free diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper--but I'll have lots.



I had set a deadline of July 1st for having all of my show stock done. I've worked full out for the past few weeks, and did the last little bit Wednesday evening. Now I only have three collages to mount and matt, but can't do them until I get the matts (ordered and paid for). So--now I don't know what to do with myself. I'm sure it will work itself out, but I seem to be in some sort of doldrum. Again I'm at a crossroads. I've not sold any of my serious ( IMHO) work, despite several high-profile exhibitions. People around me are selling, and I just got the invitation to a gallery opening for 5 acquaintances, as well as an invitation to a one-man show for another acquaintance. Oh S--t! More navel gazing and self doubt! Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment