Thursday, July 16, 2009

Menues

Pati here
Well, I've been thinking about this. Friday night is looking like lasagne and garlic toast. I have ribs made and in the freezer for Saturday night. Will probably add rice and salad to that. For Sunday, I was thinking of meatballs in packaged Ragout sauce, cooked in the Crock Pot, with baked potatoes and/or potato salad. Monday I plan to cook a turkey early in the day and we can nibble on cold turkey for the rest of the day. There should be lots of potato salad to serve with the turkey during the day. That way people can eat when it suits them or when they need to be on the road home. We can have oven French Fries with the turkey for supper. For lunches, I had planned to just make sure there is bread and cheese and peanut butter and pickles--maybe some hard boiled eggs. One day we may lunch at the chip truck out on the highway. I will be baking cookies on Monday , and maybe a couple of banana loaves. That's as much planning as I've done. Looks like I forgot all about vegetables and fruit. If David gets out picking strawberries next week we'll have some of those to take down, and I may ask Amber to be responsible for bringing some fruit. Could you bring raw veggies or salad? Dianne is bringing the potato salad. I plan to serve cereal and toast for breakfast, along with fruit juice. I like hot cereal when I have a big day ahead of me, and I'll take down both oatmeal and rolled oats, as well as Red River cereal. We will have bottled and fresh water, tea and coffee. People will have to bring any other drinks they think they might need.

Any other suggestions or requests? I think if there is anything here that someone can't eat, they will have to make their own arrangements for an alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment