Saturday, July 11, 2009

Should'a warned you! (for what that's worth!)

Pati here
We had that storm here as well. Started about 4;30 and lasted for 6 hours. Water in the basement. We've had that happen three times in the 10 years we've lived here--twice in the past week. It seems to take a very strong, driving rain from the west to do it. And we've sure had that. In the paper this morning there was a headline that two men, and maybe a third were killed in a tornado near Ear Falls ( north of Dryden). Evidently they were Americans who live in "Tornado Alley", but were up here on vacation. Right now we're getting cooler weather. Strange year.

I see our new keyboard is starting to get dirty from people eating while they work. Guess I shouldn't be surprized, since I just found a glob of jelly and a bunch of toast crubs in my lap We're still having trouble with the wireless connection for the laptop. Frustrating, especially when I'm signed into a poker tournament. I really haven't been doing well with that. My stack is down about 3000 points over the past month to just around 15,000, but David broke 320,000 yesterday. I'm really finding out that my low frustration tolerance makes it difficult to stay with it long enough to win.

Finding time for yourself is a hard one. It can mean being assertive when you know there will be consequences--not easy to do. Sometimes it can mean taking your time in small doses, and little bites of bliss, whenever it happens. But that doesn't help with practising a violin.

No comments:

Post a Comment