Monday, July 20, 2009

Busy day ahead

Today is the day we had scheduled for me to bake for the long weekend. David was off about 6:00 to pick strawberries,which we'll also have to process today Originally, they were going to head for the lake early tomorrow morning, but now they've decided to head down tomorrow evening, so he'll be around for an extra day. I had been going to try to catch up with housework while he was gone, in hopes of tiring myself out so that I'll be able to sleep a little better. I often have problems when he's gone. But I made the base layer of 14 journal covers yesterday, and need to make at least three more just to provide colour variation, although I'll probably do another 7. David made me a little board to carry them outside to dry. The first batch dried in about 1 1/2 hours compared to 48 hours when they dry in the basement. We also went shopping and found books to fill them. I get them at Dollarama, but I think they must be going out of selling them, because we had to visit three before we found any. Mind you, in one of them I had bought the entire stock they had, a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, we also bought the supplies I need for baking including two big bags of bananas. We often have problems finding them on sale but not yesterday, so I have those to do something with today as well. Expect banana bread at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment