Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Memories

Pati here
I have no memory of Mom making either Nanaimo bars or New York Slice. Could she have started doing that after I left home? I know she did a bit of baking when I first left, and she wasn't working.

I'm glad Amber made it safely. I know she is a grown woman with a family of her own, but "mommy" still worries. She was looking forward to joining you for supper. Do you still play poker once in awhile? Should I make sure the cards and chips are at the lake? I acctually won a small tournament on line yesterday after a two week drought. I usually play one or two tournaments before bed, as a way to gear down, so I can sleep. Unfortunately, I tend to fall asleep at the computer, which isn't good in hte middle of the game.

David and his sister are off for the lake this evening. They plan to replace the roof on the laundry room/shed. They also have to deal with the downed trees that were left behind when the tree people took care of the one on the roof, and the others that were dangerously leaning. David believes that they will be home Thursday. It will be strange to be alone for that long, but we'll see how I manage. I always dream of having time to work/play with no demands being made on my time, but I have a hunch I'll get restless by Wednesday around supper time.

Last night was my Ravenesque meeting. We met a new member's house in Chrleswood. There was myself and two other ladies along with our hostess. The two other ladies both tend to speak loudly, and I made the mistake of wearing my hearing aid, so by the end of the evening, I had a nasty headache. As well, the hostess had two dogs-very well trained and well behaved- but behaviour has no effect on allergies. I don't know that I'm allergic to animals, but I seem to be allergic to just about everything else these days, so why not. I'm trying to do without Claritin, and I think that everything contributed to my feeling generally sh---y.

Our hostess had also just bought herself a pile of quilt-related books. What a pleasure to spend a whole evening browsingthrough such beautiful pictures and looking for ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment