Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Quiet Day

I enjoyed my time with Carolyn, but have been increasing plagued with a pain in the side . It had been so bad Sunday night that I had been reduced to Tylenol 3--I had some left from a problem a couple of years ago. I was concerned about a bladder/kidney infection and didn't want to be caught at the lake dealing with something like that, so off I went to Urgent Care. So I got to sit for 8 hours and do nothing but read. No-one bothered me, I had a nice chair and managed to score a table to sit at, and the washroom was nearby. I managed to finish two fairly thick novels. I was finally seen about 10:30 and was prodded and x-rayed and punctured and then told they could find nothing wrong. So I have a CT scan today. I ate a couple of poached eggs when I got home last night, but was told not to eat anything until after my test--at 2:00 this afternoon! Now all of this is a bit of a nuisence, but it sure is keeping me quiet--and I think that's more important than anythign else right now. I sure have been over-doing it lately.

Amber's friend will not be joining us. It seems that Sunday night she ended up taking her daughter into emerg by ambulance with severe shock after eating peanut butter. So she now refused to allow her daughter anywhere where there might be a peanut or might have been peanuts at any time in the past. I guess this is a normal reaction to such an event--especially in a single Mom. She'll probalby loosen up a bit after the shock wears off.

Two more sleeps

No comments:

Post a Comment