Friday, July 17, 2009

"report"

Pati here
Day one went very, very well. Probably the best one-day sales I've had in years. I had thought that I had enough stock for all 7 of the sales I have scheduled over the next 5 months, but already David and I are talking about how I could squeeze out some time to make up some more"stuff" between now and the long weekend. My best sellers are journal cover that I've been making out of "fabric paper", and putting onto some hard-cover composition books I get at Dollarama. I know this is a current fad with young girls, and these fads are often very short-lived, but I get about a 60% profit on each one. I sold out of them at Ft. Whyte in April and even sold a couple at the quilters guild picnic. Anything that gets me a profit anywhere near minimum wage is a "cash cow" for me! I took 14 and sold 7 today. (One turned out to have a loose thread and was carefully tucked awayfor fixing) I even sold one of my larger collages ($125.00) Wish me continued luck for tomorrow!

After tomorrow's sale, we plan to take all of the stock and booth equipment down to the lake, before heading home. This will give us more room for food etc on the long weekend. We plan to shop on Sunday and spend Sunday afternoon and all day Monday power cooking, so that I can freeze most of it and David can take it to the lake when he and Gail go down Tuesday to do a little more work. I'll spend Wednesday and Thursday doing what sewing I can, while he's away. I have supplies for about 8 more journals, but would like to make a couple more small collages as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment