Monday, July 27, 2009

Countdown

I hit the wall yesterday in terms of finishing stock for the sale this weekend, and some things just won't get done. So now my energies will be directed toward the last minute stuff for the weekend. David was off this morning to get the chain saw fixed. We hope to get it back by mid-August, as they have another workparty planned. I actually made my lists yesterday, so now we know what we have to buy, what we have to pack, and which chores are to do be done on which day.

Amber tells us that the friend she has invited will only spend the day, if she comes at all. So we're not going to worry about her, although it would be nice if she did come as she has a little one the same age as Jessica. Loren is thinking about maybe popping down for a bit on Friday. He and the children are leaving Sunday for their yearly camp at Clear Lake.

And today, I'm actually going to take enough time off to go out for coffee with my friend Carolyn. She's in town for a teaching job, but now lives in Montreal. It'll be a mixed experience seeing her, as she's been trying to get me to work on getting more teaching jobs for myself, and I'm resistant.

I re-read Beth's post of yesterday and thought about how our lives are different. You described your morning walk so delicately, and so well, that I almost felt I was there with you. I, however, was awakened this morning by the noisy, raucaus, discordant cawing of 500 Grackles at the feeder. We had taken down the feeder because of them, but the baby sparrows and the squirrels were sitting out there complaining of being hungry, so put it up again yesterday. When I was out biking the other day, I found the whole neighbourhood full of the Grackles. I don't think I've ever seen so many any other year. Every block seemed ot have a flock of them.

Just three more sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment