Saturday, July 25, 2009

Circular nature of housework

This is exactly the reason that I decided not to do housework. Unfortunately the housework fairy doesn't work in this neighbourhood, and it's starting to show. I had hoped to do some of it while David was away, but spent the time in the studio instead. Now I'm telling myself that I'll pitch in as soon as we get back from the lake. But even then, David and his sister are planning another work party at the lake for mid-August ( her son has committed to a day helping put a new roof on the cottage) so the circular nature of work in general is starting to play into this. And the Nanking Cherries are ready to pick and a bountiful crop it is.

My friend Dianne was over for a couple of hours yesterday norning. We played with felt and oil paint sticks. Then I had to spend time cleaning up the studio. In the end, I got almost nothing done in terms of creative work yesterday. But I did get to see the end of the mini-series I've been watching all week. I'm glad I did, becasue it looks like they have tied up all of the loose ends for the whole three years the regular series has been running, and there will be no more weekly episodes. The mini-series is coming out on video and I'm tempted to buy it.

Yes, I looked at the schedule for the week and realized that we only have five more sleeps until it will be time to hit the road for the lake. Wednesday will be spent doing the last minute shopping, and packing, so that leaves me four days to finish whatever I can in preparation for the show in Sioux Narrows. The bottom line is that I don't want to do that right now. I've had enough of it over the past three months. I want to sit in my yard and read, or stitch or snooze, but I don't want to be stuck in the basement for one more minute. So we go back to our discussions from earlier in the week. The only person setting goals and deadlines for me is myself. So I think I'll get another cup of coffee and have an argument with myself about what I'm going to do today. I could always spend a couple fo hours making lists--I always seem to enjoy doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment