Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wexford St.

Sandy and Laurie McIntyre. Laurie was Grannie's niece(?), but they were of an age,and very close friends--so were more like sisters. Lorraine was named after her, and was much closer to her than Dad, but I remember visiting when I was about 15. She served sherry to everyone, and I tried to help. There was one glass on the tray that someone almost got by mistake, and Laurie had to step in quickly. It tuned out to have cold tea in it. Although Laurie always served the stuff, she, herself, was a teetotaller. She lived to quite an age--over 100. Her daughter Catherine--familiar name--was my mentor as an OT. She was the one who worked at the Municpals hospitals during the polio epidemic of the early 50's, with Eileen Nordstrom as her assistant. Catherine married one of her patients--Ian Cochrane--who became a prosthetist here in the city and, at one point, one of my instructors at University.

No comments:

Post a Comment