Friday, July 17, 2009

Be- quiet Blog

I know you are busy Patty with your show this weekend - I just read your Mouse Factory Blog so feel up to date with your plans. Hope it goes really well and I'm looking forward to your "report". Presentation is really important - I know this from being a "looky lou" at many shows - some booths you just walk by because there is nothing that draws you in. Where there is someone actually working on a piece, or a special technique ususally has the most people and when you see a lot of people at a booth, you tend to wander over yourself.
I have been busy as well this week but wish I could say it was all productive. Well, that isn't really true as we went to North Bay Thursday to get a few things for Mike as he is coming home this weekend and bringing two friends he made at Petawawa. He asked us to check on the propane cylinder for the BBQ that was in his yard. It isn't his but the landlord/friends who left it there when they moved out. Harry and I took one look at it and shivered with fear that Mike would even attempt to use it. So over to Home Depot, where we were able to get a new BBQ already assembled. Then shopped for the accessories, and then food. So it turned into a bit of an expensive trip but so worth the peace of mind knowing he will be safe. He called about an hour ago to say he is at his home (they got a ride from another person) and expressed great appreciation to us for having done all the preparations for him. We will take them all back to Petawawa on Sunday afternoon. You feel good when you get responses like that. He didn't have a BBQ of his own so he will make good use of it I'm sure. We tend to do a lot of BBQing - I find it is a time where I can just sit on the picnic table while I watch the food cooking and a time to relax a bit.
Well, time to take the dog out and then to bed. Did not sleep well last night - I am going through the travel plans I need to make for my trip west - I seem to "drive" the trip in my mind over and over again thinking about how far I can get in one day, and wondering if I can achieve such an ambitious agenda? My eyesight has deteriorated so much that I wonder if it will have a negative affect this time around. We'll soon find out won't we? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment