Friday, July 24, 2009

Last minute preparations

Pati here
Since about March, Herbal Magic has had radio ads promising to help you lose 20 pounds by Canada Day. It was a hoot to hear them in the two weeks before Canada Day. I almost felt like calling them on it. I, too, have been trying to eat a little better. That's one reason I had David take all of the banana bread and cookies down to the lake. So now the lasagne, ribs, meatballs and turkey are all in the freezer down there, as well as the little nibbles. Since I'll be busy elsewhere Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, I'll be counting on my very able sisters to make sure that food magically appears on the table about 30 minutes after I get home each day. And, back on topic, I have no "goodies" in the house. When he left, I bought some deli meats and veggies for my lunches and suppers, and managed to stick to it..

I rode down to Starbucks yesterday morning and had an "apple bran muffin" for breakfast. Won't make that mistake again! Over the two days, I found that, by having some meat at my meals, I wasn't as hungry between meals and able to make it through. Usually I'm nibbling on crackers a couple of hours after eating--not good. I've gained almost 20 lbs since last fall, and my joints tell me about it with every step I take.

My friend, Dianne, has some time to kill today, and called to say that she would be over with coffee about 9:30. This means time spent in the studio, which has been in total chaos with all of the work I've been doing to get ready for Sioux Narrows Festival of the Arts. So last night I had to put things away. Dianne moved mid-June and has been doing a lot of renovations to her new home. So she hasn't been able to get into her studio since about June 1st. She is really in withdrawl, and I can sympathize. But--since I haven't slept well in a couple of nights, I have a hunch it will be Dianne playing my stuff, and me watching.

There has been a Torchwood mini-series on tv every night this week, that I've been watching. I even told David not to phone between 9:00 and 10:00. Wednesday night at 9:40 the phone rang. I answered ready to bitch at David for calling but it was some guy telling me that he had found a cell phone with our number coded in to it! Turned out to be Loren's phone that had been left at the tae kwan do studio. I'm sure glad it got sorted out. Loren has to have the cell for his new job, but he's still not used to having to remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment