Sunday, July 12, 2009

Be- a quick note before bed

Just came back from a fast trip to North Bay - Mike's friend called to say he had locked his bag with his keys in Mike's place and could we go up to get them. Mike had stated this afternoon when we spoke with him at Petawawa that he received a text message that Joe had left his bag with his keys and could we look for them when next we were up? So we were getting mixed messages but what the heck.. Joe sounded desparate. When we entered Mike's place the lights were on, the TV on with a game playing, and the love seat pushed up to the TV with the game remotes sitting on the seats, and someon'e hat and MP3 player sitting on the table and a few bottles of beer. I immediately thought someone was in the house and started to search all the closets and under the bed (a wild imagination I guess ?) So we phoned Mike on his cell - he was a bit startled at first but then worked out that Joe and another friend Sam were playing games in his place and somehow locked themselves out ( likely went out for a smoke) and could not get back in. So we turned off everything and took the knapsack, and hat etc over to Joe's place. We figure that he was too embarrassed to have told us the truth that they locked themselves out with all the lights and equipment on, so just failed to mention this to us when he called. I wish I had known so that I was not surprised when we entered Mikes place and thinking the worst!
Anyway, it brought some spontanious excitement into my life for a moment, and I did purposefully stop for a Tims coffee on our way out of town - I know, it is a long way to go for a coffee.....
Well, tomorrow to Mothers. Today I made dinners up in containers to freeze (like TV dinners) to take to her. She is really not able to cook much and finds ready made meals to heat in microwave quite good. We have taken all sorts of meals such as lasgana, spaghetti, and today I made hamburgers in gravy with mashed potatoes and vegetables nicely packaged into TV dinner trays. Also made a strawberry kuchen cake to take - she likes these. I made some strawberry muffins yesterday but they are quite a moist texture - a new recipe that I don't think I like too much ( but doesn't stop me from eating them)
Today I took out my bike and washed it all up, and pumped up the tires, and took it for a spin to try it out - the brakes squeak but work. So now I must try to go for rides more often and get some exercise.
Well, time to go - Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment