Thursday, July 2, 2009

Be- Crazy weather

I know they forecast rain for most of week but it is so crazy - off and on rain and then clearing, and then rain again. And in very separate areas eg raining in Sundridge but then up the highway in next town is clear and sunny! Going on the highway you can see the cloud just sitting in the sky waiting for you to drive under it and drench you.
We were to Mothers today - had to fix her fridge which was leaking water into main fridge area - turned out to be blocked tube running from self defrosting freezer down to tray at bottom. Harry and I worked on it for about two hours but got it working OK. He called his brother on the phone (appliance repair man) only two times! There are always little "repair" jobs to be done every time we go - or on several occasions a telephone call to us eg toilet not working, and we are off to her place immediately. I hope I will never live to be 97 years old - Mother gets so upset with her inability to do things anymore - she tells me "its an awful state to be in at this age- can't see, or hear or able to help yourself....." One thing though in her favour - she has a great appetite and we don't have to worry about her not eating well. It is apparent that I shall have to prefill her dosette every time we go - she has been doing it on her own but really can't manage and is so appreciative when I am there to do it for her.
I even got some of my own housework done this afternoon before we made a quick trip to North Bay - had to go to Mike's- he called us from Petawawa with a little thing that had to be done for him at his house that had been forgotten in his rush to get packed yesterday. we drove him to Pet yesterday as I mentioned, and had a fairly good trip inspite torrential rains at times.
Well must go - Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment