Saturday, September 24, 2011

Be - another Saturday in the bag....

...and I am listening to Randy Bachman as I write, so all is good in the world haha. I went to Mothers today while Harry stayed home – it is his birthday today but had an ear ache so spent most of day in bed. Not so great on your birthday! I just had the dog down to the lake and what a glorious sight – the sun was shining on the far shore and reflecting off the still water while highlighting all the coloured trees. The leaves have changed very quickly and fully this year – brilliant reds, and yellows and most beautiful to see. If only they didn't signal the oncoming winter and snow! Mothers homemaker is off for two weeks (I think I told you this) so it enhances my visit chores somewhat to include the bed, more washing than usual and floors. The homemaker only has 1 hour and 15 minutes a week, but she changes and washes the bed linen which helps me with having to do the rest of the work. Enough..... lets talk about nice things - Del Shannon is singing "Runaway" right now and boy, does that bring back memories. I think this is why I enjoy this show so much – he often talks about Winnipeg, and always plays song from years back. His stories about all the singers and songs are fantastic, and his own history in the business brings it all to life. Patty you will be anxious about your trip and as I think about it myself, I will be anxious to hear all about it when you get back. Have fun, even though you don't take off until Sept 30, they always say the fun is in the journey, and not the destination. I was always thrilled with the anticipation of my trips, as much as the actual travel. That is what I missed this year – anticipating time away. I'll have to try to plan for another trip next year – maybe things will be different? Anyway, bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment