Sunday, September 4, 2011

Treasure hunt

Because we had to put the salsa on the shelves under the stairs, David had to clean up the shelves.  Simple enough--NOT!  It took most of the morning, and we found all sorts of things that we had forgotten about.  A couple were Daddy's knitting machine and thermos.  The thermos was quite rusty inside and had to go.  We have tried several times, unsuccessfully, to get parts or repairs to the knitting machine, so, unless either of you want to take a stab at it, it looks like it will go as well.  I have to wonder if there might not be someone else  who has a similar machine and is looking for parts.  I now know that I have enough wrapping paper to last the rest of my life.  We also found enough jelly jars to last for the rest of our lives.  I found a box of hand-painted ceramic tiles. They are very pretty in a Mexican sort of way, and each is obviously one of a kind,  So now the whole area is neat and tidy, and there is room to turn around, although not enough room to swing a cat.

Our salsa  is quite mild as well, which is the only way David could eat it.  We seeded the jalapeno, not realizing that it was the seeds that gave it the heat.  Tried it with peskies today.  Quite fine!  When I use salsa, I toast the bread first and it makes a very pleasant difference.

My friend Dianne told me today that she and her husband are being evicted, as the building has been sold.  Nothing in writing yet, but they were told that they have to be out by January first, despite the fact that they are operating a business.  They were also told that, even though the building will probably be demolished, they had to leave all of the leasehold improvements they have made including those for the household. They are very suspicious, for a number of reasons, and friends have gifted them the services of a lawyer.  I sure hope it works out for them.  They have suffered a lot of hard knocks over the past two years and deserve a break. 

Today I'm grateful for a stable lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment