Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Morning

Jim is hauling potatoes again and had to be at work by 6am, so we were up at 5 (Aren't you supposed to sleep in on weekends?) It is now 9am, and I have a batch of tomato junk cooling and a batch of sauce simmering. I have even partly cleaned up the kitchen. We will make salsa either later today or tomorrow. We are supposed to cool down next week and they are predicting frost. Hard to believe when it has been 32 degrees out. One more week of being REALLY short staffed at work and then we will be back to 4 of us (instead of 5 since Debbie is still off sick. She has applied for long term disability but until she is accepted we can't replace her) I paid all my bills this payday, but it left me very short for the next 2 weeks. Good thing we have lots of food in the house. A freezer full of meat and vegetables. We will check on the chickens and turkeys in the next couple of weeks. It is time to think about that sort of thing. Rrain wants turkey for her birthday. Of course, since it is Thanksgiving it will not be an unusual meal. We will have pumpkin pie too! The truck is working out quite nice. It costs a fortune to fill, so we try to keep it above 1/2 so that the price is not too much of a shock. It is comfortable to ride in and we have already used it to haul wood and garbage. I don't really want winter to come, but I am really looking forward to not getting stuck every time it snows. Time to go and be domestic again. I want to get it all done before it hits 32. Then I will sit and read!

No comments:

Post a Comment