Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Be - exciting weekend for you...

It sounds as if you had a great weekend and so interesting by your description of the events. Sometimes it is nicer to attend something totally off the wall ie needing an instructor to have a translator, than the more normal "here I am, this is what I do, and now you are going to do it" approach. Had a long day in North Bay and never did get to see Mike after all. It is time to panic about Thanksgiving and everyone coming to Mothers to be feed by Harry (tisk tisk, for me to make such a nasty comment about inlaws) Mother starts to worry and then we plan the menus, and begin to buy the food, and then we pacify until the blessed weekend comes (and goes) So we purchased some groceries today and drove directly to Mothers from North Bay to drop off at her place – not that she is going to do anything with it, but she needs to know that she has it. We visited Uncle Walter at the home again and that always takes about two to three hours of our day. We also got some candy for Hallowe'en  and Harry is wrapping it into little packages – never know how many people will come to the door as it varies so much each year depending on weather and day of the week. Years ago we gave out pop cans –likely one of the first families to do that and I thought it was so easy and we could use the leftovers. Then many others started to hand it out and the kids became "bored" with that. So now we wrap up packages of choc bars, and licorice etc. The rain started tonight which may hamper my hopes to work more in the yard tomorrow to clean up. I envy you Patty for cutting back on your yard and therefore less cleanup for fall. I had a nasty fall last night when taking the dog for a walk – right outside our door I was looking at something and the dog pulled me and I tripped on a rock and literally went head first onto the sidewalk and fell against the front of my car in the driveway. I sat there for a few minutes before I could muster the energy to pick myself up and assess my damage. Luckily nothing severe but a few bangs and bruises and "hurts" I keep thinking that I am falling apart – just like you said Patty that the old body seems to be letting us down? What I really think is that I must be more careful. Right now I have the election debate on the TV with the three leaders arguing with each other. We go the polls here in Ontario on October 6 and it may mean a change in government from Liberals as the popularity polls say it is neck and neck right now with the Conservatives. Must run for now, so take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment