Friday, September 2, 2011

Good Question!

Thank you for the salsa recipe Cathy.  I had actually looked it up on Google and what I found ( with great difficulty!!)was nothing like yours.  But I had wanted something that I could freeze or preserve, and an 8 oz jar is just about a perfect size.  The ones I found weren't cooked, and had lime juice and cilantro in them. David isn't fond of it, so I may just get myself some jalepeno pepper.  Naturally, David is sugggesting cutting the recipe by 3/4, until I'm sure I want more!

But Beth asks a good question.  What do you plan to do with it Cathy?  Peskies of course, and it can make a nice topping for a baked  potato--especially for those of us who have a fat and salt restriction, but that's about all I've done with it.  ( Of course, we're ignoring taco chips--none of us would ever eat them!).  In my search for a recipe for how to actually make the stuff, I found all sorts of recipes using it.  Maybe I should go back and take a look at them.  They were on both the Kraft foods and Tostitos web sites.

When I was sunprinting with the girls, I promised to make something with the sunprints they made.  Amber suggested little tote bags for when they spend the night with the other grandmother.  Today I made up four little tote bags.  I started early this morning, worked all day except for a brief nap (Can't miss my nap!), and finished about 8:00pm.  David cooked supper.  So, for today, I'm darn grateful that job is done!  Seriously though, I'm also grateful for a husband who understand giving priority to making something for his grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment