Sunday, September 25, 2011

A warm and sunny Sunday

It is strange having a heat wave in September, but it is kind of nice to extend the bbq season. (Whole chicken tonight!) Jim has today off work so we slept in until 8am. I woke up at 6:22 and smiled and snuggled down. He figures they have about 5 or 6 more days to go. Our boss at work very generously shared her cold with us. She phoned in sick on Friday, and Patty and I took turns putting our heads down on our desks. For me it is mostly a sore throat and headache and really really tired. I am sitting here typing and Jim is cleaning the kitchen and basement. I wouldn't dream of spoiling his fun by offering to help :) He hopes to get some of the yard work done today, but he isn't frantic. The long range forcast is for decent weather for at least 2 weeks. It must be time for me to get my haircut too. It forms a PeeWee Herman peak every night. Not that good a look for me. I still have a couple of crates of tomatoes left in the shop. I hope Jim will take some to the Legion next week. We are going to be ordering some chickens and turkeys soon. They will fill the freezer up. Did you want any Pati?? I know you mentioned it. My life seems so boring when I read about yours. I seem to go to work and come home. It is time to take up a hobby again. I know that lots will be happening in the near future and I will be wishing for some downtime. Time to cook breakfast. Jim has worked up an appetite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment