Sunday, September 18, 2011

Not much going on

A quiet weekend again.  The church across the street had their big community B-B-Q yesterday, but I don't think anyone showed up!  Other years Amber has brought the girls and we've taken them over to the bouncer and then for a hot dog lunch.  With David not able to eat hot dogs, I went by myself, and didn't go into the basement for the carnival games, as those are for children.  What I could see from the top of the stairs was a basement floor that has obviously had a lot of work done.  I hope the job was a good one and there are no further problems.  Other years the place has been much busier, but it was a cold windy day, and not much walk-by traffic.

Amber brought the girls for supper.  I made a small batch of Daddy's ribs--but none left for the freezer.  And no rice left either.  I had hoped for enough for a supper later in the week, but there's lots more in the pantry.  I bought two packages of cooked, heat and serve meats that were on sale.  Both suggest serving over rice.  I also got my Kraft magazine ( I think I mentioned this) and have re-read it.  There are some very good suggestions for preparing chicken breasts that I want to try, and they are suggested to be served with rice.

I leave for Penticton on Friday Sept 30 and come back on Tuesday October 4th.  I won't get home in time to vote in the provincial election, so plan to try out the advance poll.  I've never done that before, so have bookmarked the web page with all of the info.  It looks easy enough to do.  I'm excited about this trip, as I realize that it may be the last one.  Next year is in Comox, and the costs of just getting there might prove too much.  Since I haven't even tried to sell any of my work since last spring, I find it hard to justify using household money for just my benefit.  I spent a bit on supplies this week and feel quite guilty about it.

This is just a quick before bed note.  Will try to post a little more in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment