Sunday, September 4, 2011

last one done

You both beat us to the salsa. We have 13 pints of mild salsa done, but not until later this afternoon. It is very tasty, even though it is surprisingly mild ( we did put in some jalapenos, but not the seeds) This morning I did some tomato sauce..... 14 cups. I would still be making junk and tomato sauce but we ran out of garlic.... we can't do without garlic! I swear the tomatoes were ripening as I picked. I went down the row and when I turned around there were more ripe ones, I intend to take tomorrow off, but I might get some garlic and continue. The best thing about this time of year is that you don't have to explain why your kitchen is so messy!! Everyone understands. I am leaving the root crops until last. We had a frost warning last night so I went out in the dark at about 9:30 and tried to cover the tomatoes and peppers. It got down to 7...... that is a long way from frost! Jim is going to have a fire tonight. It gets dark early now, so I might be able to stay awake.. I am really tired. It's not that I did anything hard, but I guess standing there cutting and chopping is stressful on the body. I will enjoy the fire for a little while. Jim starts hauling potatoes on Friday. I teased him about how nice it will be not to have him around all the time.... I think he is reconsidering the work! He will be working at leasts 12 hour days for about 2 weeks without a break. It pays cash, though, and he wants running boards and mud flaps on the truck. ( I want to get the dog neutered and shots for both of them.... I wonder how far the cash will go) Today I am once again grateful to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment