Friday, September 2, 2011

Salsa

I have never made salsa and would love some guidance on how to go about it.  I have no tomatoes, but could go out to St. Norbert tomorrow and get some.  I've also been buying bottled bruschetta stuff.  similar to salsa, but with more basil ( much more basil!) and more oil.  I use both on Peskies, under the cheese.  I'm sure the salsa would be healthier for me than the bruschetta stuff.  Is there a recipe?  Do you bottle it or freeze it, or make it in small batches?  Well, you've got a busy day today, and may not be able toget back to me, so I'm just going to phone.

Glad Jim is okay after the surgery, Cathy.  I know it's in and out in hours, but anything like that is scarey at our age.  Maybe we should be grateful for our health, such as it is.  There is always someone worse off.

I'm very disappointed in my new kitchen.  All that work and it looks great--but it still gets dirty!  Bummer!  Yes , it's time to start cleaning the kitchen again.  Maybe after I make the salsa.  A long weekend, and not many plans.  Hope it's a good one for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment