Tuesday, September 27, 2011

voting

David and I voted at the advance poll on Saturday, as I don't get back from BC until shortly before the polls close.  It was painless, as the poll was in the mall across the street, and no-one asked any questions other than "who are you?" and "can you prove it?"  Our riding has been staunchly NDP for years, but this time they re-assigned the boundries, and actually broke the riding in two.  Should prove interesting.

Today we rode up to the Tim Horton's at Henderson and McLeod.  I'm guessing that it's been two years since we were last there.  Last time we went to the Tim's on the bike trail, I had a very unfortunate experience with the server--a rude nasty "princess", who was incapable of listening to what I was asking her, so I'm reluctant to go back there.  I had forgotten what a nice ride it is along Kildonan Drive.  While we were there, who comes in but our next door neighbours--the ones who are moving out on Friday.  they ahve been good neighbours and we'll miss them.  Then a fellow that we used to chat with two years ago came over to say hello.  It was sort of nice for a change. What was sad was the number of houses for sale on the streets we rode through.  Many of these were older homes, probably elderly couples who are being forced to move along--it's that sort of neighbourhood.

It worries me to hear that you have fallen, Beth.  At our age,that sort of thing can be more serious than we know.  Please take it easy (Yeah, I know)  Did you say that you have a doctors' appointment coming up?

No comments:

Post a Comment