Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Spring yard work

Yard work around here as well but of a different sort. When I had Poulin's out to spray the patio last year, I was told to call again in the spring, as that was the time to spray for aphids.  So they were out again this morning to spray, not only for aphids, but ants throughout the entire yard.  You should have seen the extension wand they used for the tree!  I had to take the pictures through the window, as we were shut up inside while the spraying went on.



The whole thing didn't take very long, and cost less than expected.  I had put aside a bit from our tax refund, expecting to have to add to it, but there's enough left over to buy a cup of coffee!

Yesterday was the Annual General Meeting of my art group, and the end of my term as Workshop Registrar.  I went in this morning and made an official hand over to the lady who will replace me.  She told me a couple of things that make me think she's going to give them a good run for their money, and either initiate a lot of changes, or destroy the group, but I'll not be part of it.  So I walk away feeling I've made a good decision, but still with some lingering regrets.

This afternoon David has an appointment at St. Boniface.  This is an appointment that had been made for a couple of months from now, but we managed to get a cancellation, so we don't dare miss it.  It's probably a good idea to get away from the house for a few hours, as we can small the malathion.  We were told to give it four hours before going outside, unless we're leaving the area.  I wonder if malathion works on people who operate grow-ops?

So it sounds as though all three of us have garden concerns.  Cathy yearns for a fire, Beth wants it gone, and my goal is to be able to sit on the patio to drink my coffee, but maybe not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment