Saturday, July 8, 2017

A small field trip

We have been talking about going to Rainbow Stage.  Last time we went was before my knee surgery, and was a bit of an ordeal.  We got tickets for a special price through the Credit Union, but it was for rush seats, so we had to be in line a good hour before the doors opened.  It was a hot day, and very difficult for me, so we haven't been back since.  But I have been wanting to see Mama Mia.  I had wanted to see the movie, and that didn't happen, so suggested we see the live show.  It was a bit confusing on the web site, about where to buy tickets, but finally we found out that we could go out to Kildonan Park and buy them at the box office there, during certain hours. So off we went this morning.It's also been years since we've been to Kildonan Park.  So it made for a pleasant drive.  We were both surprised at the number of people there.  It was quite crowded, and there were many group events.  Obviously, the restaurant there is popular.  The parking lot was full,and there were a couple of cars waiting to get in. We couldn't find any where to park near the box office, so David dropped me off, and drove around, while I got the tickets.  I knew they would be expensive, but I still had to gulp a couple of times, while handling my Interac card.

It was certainly a moment of nostalgia.  I thought about the pleasure you used to get during your time there, Beth, and I also thought about the many church picnics I attended there with Riverview United Church Sunday School.  I don't know if either of you two ever did that.

Before heading out, I spent some time painting in the garden, on the big piece I'm currently working on.  Here are the before and after pictures.  It will be the old summer kitchen, which became a storage shed, at the lake.  I'm just working on the background right now. The first picture shows the fabric I added to the background yesterday.  

This morning I added more paint to soften the joins  between colours.  Next I'll add the two birch trees on the left, and then finish the thread painting and FMQ'g on the background.  The actual building will be put together separately, and added all at once.  I'm posting this here, rather than the other blog, as I posted a rant there, about my lack of progress on this yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment