Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Cruel irony or ???

The mother budgie laid her first egg today - the first egg of her second attempt that is.  So here we go again.....oh, woe is me.
Rainy off and on but I did attempt to do some more work outside today. The downpour of heavy rain a few days ago really pounded the tomatoes plants I have a big job to tie them up and clean the dead leaves. And since there are 1000 planted in our yard, it take a few minutes haha!
The raspberries are ready now so I picked a nice bowl yesterday. It is dense with undergrowth and overgrown right now with milkweed plants and I lost my footing and fell into the brush backwards and no way could I manoeuvre myself to get up - I thought this is is, this is where I shall end my days! But by moving this way and that, I was able to swing onto my knees and then get up. A bit of excitement I guess in my otherwise predictable life!
The little cat cries and cries at the back door until I put him in his cage - then he is as happy as can be...and when I come by to check on him, he is curled up under his blanket with his little head peeking out, or trying to catch the little chipmunks gathering the peanuts we have put out. Of course he could never catch them but it keeps him amused. Some might think he is being abused to be out all the time but this is what he loves and it doesn't hurt him at all, and he is never left alone.
I browsed that web site Pati, and thanks for the tip. I think I have accessed her blog another time or two at your prompting. She writes very well.  And I'll check our Library on Friday afternoon when I go to the retirement drop in for the Librarian, Denise, and see if they have these two books. I always like to get ideas for reading and yours have always been of interest.
So another day "in the books" and I'll be off to bed to do what else, ....read. of course.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment