Sunday, July 16, 2017

What a story...

Pati, you must have been quite taken aback during this "visit". One never knows what the real facts are but it did sound rather suspicious in afterthought as you and Dave both seemed to express. But did you actually get to enjoy your supper?
One thing after another here but the weather was good so we managed to get the new hinges put on the little greenhouse door and so it is in place again and functioning after a few years of taping and otherwise trying to keep it upright. Doesn't matter right now but in winter when I'm trying to heat it, the d... door was a real pain to keep as closed as we could. 
I had to drive quickly over to the Hardware to buy special self locking screws but as I took the side street way and not the highway, I came across a "wedding' about to begin in a backyard on a corner lot. Big tent awnings erected in back yard, and at the side was an arch decorated as the wedding alter, with chairs all set up in rows and ribbons and bows are decorating the aisles. Lots of cars and nicely dressed people arriving. I think I spotted a wedding cake under one of the set up awnings. I thought it was a wonderful event to witness briefly on my "mad travels". However, I chose to come back on the highway just to avoid the traffic.
So today is another day....never know what shall materialize and thus "one day at a time" mentality prevails. I was pleased yesterday though, as Mike and Erin telephoned in the late morning and we had a real nice talk.  So onward folks,,, and Pati, don't talk with any strangers haha! Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment