Sunday, July 30, 2017

Heat

We're lying low with the heat, too.  For some reason David is always cold these days, wearing a sweat jacket most of the time.  So the A/C may be a bit of a guilty pleasure, but for me it's an almost a necessity.  I just wilt in the heat.  Cathy, do you not have a pool this year?

But we did have to go out today.  Got a phone call late yesterday from Loren asking us to pick him up at the airport this afternoon. Say what?  Evidently he got a last minute opportunity to attend a magic seminar in Memphis!  He went to one of these last year in New Orleans, and absolutely thrives on them.  He takes sessions on the internet, and these finish with this three day gathering with classes and demonstrations.  He tells me that he's been getting more and more jobs through his magic, and feels that these sessions help him improve.  Today, in the car, he talked about his retirement plans.  OMG! Retirement?  My child? But, when you think about it, this is the time he should be doing a bit of research and planning.  While he didn't actually say it, I gathered that he sees the magic as something to pursue further in retirement, for a bit of spending money.

Since the heat looks like it continues for most of the next week, we'll probably stay pretty close to home, for the next little while.  This is fine, as I have lots of studio work to keep me busy.  Spent some time this morning sorting though my dyed fabric stash.  This may look like just a bit of tidying up, but it's really a search for inspiration, and I found some.  Since I have a length studio "to do" list, it's probably not anything I'll get to soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment