Sunday, July 30, 2017

Starting to feel your heat wave here now.....

Yes, it's getting hot here now so I guess we are in for a few days of the same.  It means more dedicated watering in the yard (which I just finished) and trying to lay low but that isn't always realistic.  But glad you did "nothing" today Cathy haha!
We had a wonderful visit with Mike and Erin today - Harry was able to come after all even though he is still is quite severe pain in his hip. Tomorrow I am hoping he will take the Rx for an xray that the Dr gave him and actually go for an xray. We got a gift basket to bring home - one loaf of bread that Mike made, and some blueberry muffins that Erin made. What a nice treat!  I am not really surprised that Mike is into baking bread as it fits his style, but I was a little taken back to see a round loaf looking very nicely made - we had some from another loaf he made for lunch - like a french loaf in texture - delicious.
On Friday I attended the retirement come and go party at the Library for Denise. They had cake and coffee and stood around a bit to talk but I only stayed about 30 mins as others came in and out.  Pati, I was able to have the first book you mentioned by Phaedra Patrick put on hold for me. and the second book has been ordered for me. So soon I shall be able to read them.  I am sort of in limbo right now for reading material so will welcome these books.
Three budgie eggs and counting..........
Time for bed.  ps I have been working on my Six Word Memoir as promised so maybe soon we can all rehash what we have submitted - I'd love to get your feedback of mine, as I am anxious to provide my feedback to you both. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment