Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Not the day I planned

Our neighbour cross the back mentioned, in conversation with David, that she was getting some fresh picked local strawberries, delivered at work.  Of course, David asked if she could get a couple of baskets for him. She wasn't sure, and didn't get back to him, but they showed up at the door last evening right at supper time. Having seen how many strawberries are in two baskets, David decided that we needed to make jam.  Haven't done this in a couple of years, so we had to sort out jars, and lids, and look for a recipe for Strawberry/Rhubarb jam, which I found on the internet. (Kraft Canada-so I trust it)  Then off to the store for supplies.  So now, the strawberries have been cleaned and cut up, ( a LOT of strawberries), jars are in the dishwasher, and we are just about ready to get going--just have to wait for the dishwasher to finish.

By the way, the forecast for today is 30 degrees with a humidex of 35+.  Similar for tomorrow, when we'll be making the Rhubarb pineapple jam--I'm not going to all of the work of cleaning and sterilizing jars, and re-organizing the kitchen more than once.  I figure I should be wearing my red outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment