Monday, July 3, 2017

today's adventures

Today David decided that we should be getting rid of the old appliances that were cluttering up the garage.  We knew that there was a re-cycling depot for hazardous goods and electronics.  I thought it was around McPhillips and Pacific. But David phoned the city and found out firstly, that it was open today, even though most government offices are closed, and secondly, that it was at Keewatin and Pacific. We drove around both areas for a bit, with no luck.  Finally, I phoned the city again, and got an address.  Even so, we almost missed it, on Pacific, just west of McPhillips.  What a facility!  It was very large, maybe the best part of an acre, and very, very well organized.  We realized that we could even have taken the old paint from the garage, but didn't think of it at the time.

Then lunch, and David suggested that I do an internet search for somewhere to buy curtain rods. The first thing that came up was The Bay! Then I tried Walmart, and they had some.  I tried to order them, but after "submit order", the computer froze, so I have no idea whether they are coming or not.  If they do, I pick them up at the grocery store down the street.  Go figure!  Then I found them at Home Depot, for "store pick-up only".  So off we went, and found exactly what I'm looking for, in any size I want, and two-to-a-bag, instead of the one-to-a-bag they were everywhere else. And the price was certainly right.  So, between the large fancy ones I found at Sears the other day (ka-a-aching), and the regular ones, of which I bought an arm full, I should have enough to last for several years.

Now David is down stairs figuring out where we're going to store them.. Hadn't thought of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment