Saturday, July 29, 2017

Busy yesterday-quiet today

We were up early, yesterday, to get David off to have the oil changed.  We have been told that the car was checked out and is fine-snort! Shortly after he left, the woman in red showed up, even wore her red outfit for the occasion. She had a list of areas where she thought my housekeeping was lacking, and was demanding remedy immediately.  She kept me busy until David got home and then roped him in!  Between her nagging, and us trying to get the laundry done, we were both kept busy until the mid-afternoon.  By that time we were both exhausted, and not capable of doing much more for the rest of the day.   I bet she's started a list for next Friday already.

But it felt good to get up this morning to a relatively tidy house. So I was able to spend time today in the studio.  Just beading "Tiara II", but I can only bead in short stages, as my back quickly starts to hurt.  I've tried to look at the ergonomics in the studio, and there really isn't much that can be done. If I sit higher, maybe on a cushion, my feet aren't able to get a good grip on the floor, and I tend to slide out of the chair.  But I got a lot of the piece beaded, and should be able to finish the beading tomorrow.

Hot, hot today, and the A/C has been on for the last 48 hours.  We've been promised rain, and there were even a few drops when I was trying to sit and read outside, with my coffee.  Since the forecast for tomorrow is, again, hot, rain would probably just mean higher humidity.  

So this means that we stay home, and try to keep cool for the next several days. I've already read all but one of the books I picked up at the library yesterday. Have a good weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment