Sunday, July 9, 2017

The woman in red

has been messing with me all day!  I can't even call her a "lady" anymore, because she's no lady!  First of all, she tried to fool us by wearing green.  Then, because I was working in the studio all day, she started messing with the studio.  She would rummage around in the fabric, and literally leave a mess for me to clean up.  The studio is small enough without piles of scraps and paper all over the place.  After awhile I couldn't find anything, and that just increased my frustration with a job that wasn't going well in the first place.  The she started hiding things--my glasses, my scissors, my pattern.  

Finally, about 2:30, David says " I think it's time you went for coffee".  Yup! So off we go, and she decides to come with us! She tried to convince me that a man riding a bicycle, with a backpack, had a dog in the backpack. Then I realized that it wasn't a dog but rather, his pony tail.

Thank Goodness, I was able to relax over my coffee, and a book, in the garden.  I'm reading a spy novel by Alex Berenson.  I've read his books before, and they're pretty "gritty", and sometimes, a bit of a trial to wade through, but usually a decent "read".  Then, more studio time, and by supper, I had most of the building done, with just the roof remaining-- and that will wait until tomorrow.

Sundays, right after breakfast, we re-load our dosettes.  I've had mine for quite awhile, and it was getting pretty grungy, so I soaked it in the cleanser we use to clean wine bottles. It worked very well, and I'm pleased, as the pills were starting to stick a bit.  Could be the humidity, but I think the grime played a role too.

More poker this evening, and no winning for me.  That woman in red kept urging me to bet, when that was the last thing I should have been doing.  But in all fairness to her, I probably shouldn't have been attempting anything demanding, in the first place. Now it's "snack time", and then I'll try to relax watching "The Good Witch", before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment