Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Good morning on this Wednesday....

Just did my usual morning walkabout with coffee in hand - it is a bit overcast and with rain in forecast - it just might actually rain. Surprise!  Maybe a good thing as we did not water yesterday with the intention of doing it first thing this morning.
The week is designated as Make Someone Smile Week. So lets all try to do just that and see if we don't feel better as well. I have the Coyote Pancake Mix at the ready and the waffle iron on the counter so when Harry gets up I shall whip up a batch of waffles - that will make him smile for sure.  Yesterday Mike called me and we had a wonderful long conversation together which made me smile for sure.  We have tentatively scheduled Sunday July 30 for a visit to their place so that is making me smile.  Yesterday was my neighbour / friend Ruth's Birthday (she is 79) and we spoke over the fence and of course I gave her best wishes for her day. She was like a giddy school girl with excitement telling me about her phone calls from family, and friends ( from overseas as well) and delivery of flowers and that they were going to have Dinner out. She is somewhat similar to me in her opinion in that Birthdays are a real special day and should be celebrated.  So I hope I made her smile a bit more by acknowledging her special day.  Harry placed a sensor activated singing lobster (don't ask) by the fence of our next door neighbours from Holland. He was fixing his fence and Harry was sure when he approached the fence again that the lobster would sing to him. Sure enough as I was out working there he was smiling and talking to himself so I went over and we had a good laugh. (Harry unfortunately did not see it as he was inside) His wife also came over and then ran into the house to get her ? smart phone and came out and videoed the lobster singing and dancing.  So they had a real good smile over that! And I picked up a book at the Library that was ordered Twice A Spy by Keith Thomson and this made me smile as I had some new reading to start before bed. 
So all is well, and as we look forward, let's try to remember to always smile ourselves! Smiles begat smiles.......Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment