Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Who's eating my cherries?

The bushes are still heavy with fruit, and there are birds at them most of the day.  We've seen Robins ( not often seen around here any more), and now we're being visited by a family of Blue Jays.  I love having the Jays around--they have manners.  No pushing, and squawking, and fighting, they just sit back and wait for opportunity, and are then "in like Flynn".

The mouse problem might be worse,  you might not have any cats to deal with them.  Then it would be you crawling around the floor trying to catch them.  Whoops!  Not a great visual!

Still cool and wet around here.  Loud thunder storms through during the night.  We stayed in doors all day, but I'm out to my fibre art support group tonight.  The meeting is relatively close to home, so I'll drive myself.  I've given myself a bit of time off, and done a little FMQ'g, then spent the afternoon ripping it all out.  This is never a fun job, and often almost impossible to do, but it got done.  After a lot of thought, I chose a different thread for it, and will try again tomorrow.  I'm doing this, as I plan to bead it, and will be needing something sort of hand work, when I volunteer at the gallery in Selkirk, next week.

Supper is cooking away, but the time has come for input.  Best heed the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment