Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Library visit today for me...

I haven't been to the Library for so long...I will try to slip in and see if they have this next book...it does sound as if it may be a sequel. I hope now that you have ordered these books from your Library that you also enjoy. Cathy have you ever read this author, or even this book?
I baked choc chip cookie last evening - to take to have tea with Daisy and her granddaughter this morning. They drove up from Toronto on the weekend to stay for a week so I will go over to sit with her for a bit.  
We went to Huntsville yesterday as usual, but I ran into an old work mate in DollarTree. Actually she ran the HR dept at the hospital for decades(? there a long time anyway) and retired 12 years ago she said to me proudly. We had a nice talk and she said how good I looked. I know people always say that out of politeness, but nevertheless it felt good.
One relic I found in the shed cleanup was our old hand made name sign that hung in the yard when we first came. Made of wood about 2 feet long and one foot high and with those large stick on letters. It was in bad shape but I sanded it best I could and then stained it, and then sprayed with varathan. I hung it up last evening on a cast iron garden post already stuck in the garden by the road, and boy it looks good. 
Even though this week was to be mostly sunny, it is now overcast and threatening rain. A brilliant sunny morning did not greet me today. But I can tell you how brilliant the full moon is at night. When I am out with the dog so frequently in the night I can look into the skies and see the stars and constellations, and also the moon staring down at me.
Coffee time and then on with the day.  Hope all is well...take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment