Sunday, July 23, 2017

What a day!

My feet are so sore I may never move again  we hauled the BBQ from co-op and got it to ArtsForward only to discover they were short picnic tables. So off to the park wher we found the mayor of neepawa waiting with his truck. Another truck showed up and those 3 trucks made 2 trips each and then the one town employee working on Saturday showed up with his fork lift and brought the rest and more garbage cans  we hung flags from different countries between the trees in front of the building. Then I went home to change for the service. It was in polonia and we parked about 1/2 mile from the hall. It was packed inside and out. I managed to give Clayton's sister a hug and Jim spoke to his brother but we didn't even try to stay for the lunch. Hiked back to the truck and I think that was the last time I sat down for the next six hours. The day exceeded all of Rrain's expectations. The march from the court house was over a block long and the width of the street.  Then I helped set out food. 8 8 foot tables packed with food and 4 more full of desserts.  And the food kept coming as more people arrived. Although many just showed up to eat that was okay. We just kept cleaning the empties from the tables and replacing it with something else. We figure we fed between six and seven hundred people. The ones at the end of the line didn't get as much as the ones at the start and I don't think anyone working ate (myself included 😢). The Philippine community donated and roasted 4 whole pigs. They brought lots of traditional dishes. Most of the long term residents brought some sort of salad or veggie dish so it all balanced out. The Farmery donated 10 x24s of beer so I did get a drink. Jim's school reunion was yesterday too, so he was at that most of the time I was at ArtsForward. We had to take the BBQ back last night, but I recruited Dennis ranger to drive my truck and Steve gale to help. Dennis used to drive semi's so he just whipped around and backed it perfectly into place. Steve unhooked it and we were done. It took Jim and I about 20 minutes to hook it up in the morning!!  Jim just got back from Rodney's (did I mention we were also dog sitting all weekend?). Now we will discuss breakfast since we both missed out on all the feee food yesterday.  Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment