Wednesday, August 2, 2017

A-h-h-h! A little cooler today.

Windows open, and enough breeze to air out the house.  It's old enough to smell musty, if it isn't aired out regularly.  We got out and about, for a bit.  First, we headed to the Re-Store, to see if we could find any more ceiling medallions.  I've had so much fun with the one I have, that I wanted to try a few more.  No luck. We saw lots of neat stuff, but nothing we needed or could afford.  Then we headed for a quilt store close to home. My friend Gail, has suggested that I take a couple of small quilts to the upcoming craft sales, and I needed four more pink prints to make the quick and easy one I have in mind. It will be a exercise in stash reduction, but my heart won't let me make a sloppy project.  I planed to use the pretty pink fabrics I bought when I was in St. Pierrre & Miquelon, plus other scraps I have on hand, but needed a little extra "kick".  Of course, two, small, quarter yard pieces, plus a couple of odds and ends, I just had to have, came to over $45.  

When we first got to the quilt store, it was a pleasant surprise to find and old friend working there.  We have known each other, through the local quilt guild, for many years.  She, too, has had her problems with knees, and is now struggles to walk, using a cane permanently.  Sort of sad to see her working, as she is not young, and I believe, needs to work. We and a nice chat, and she commented on my weight loss.  During the conversation, I came to realize that David thinks we are spending a lot more money on food now.  When I mentioned it, later, he thought this because we shop more often, for fresh veggies.  I had thought we were spending less, so I'm going to keep track this month.

After the quilt store, David mentioned that he would like to visit a butcher shop he had seen mentioned in the little community newspaper.  So we came home, pulled the newspaper out of the recycling bin on the blvd, and looked up the address.  It was worth the visit.  A neat little shop, and they had pickled brisket.  David told me that they also sold lots of sausages that hadn't been smoked, so it looks like we're be going again.

Home, lunch and into the studio.  Just got settled, when I got a phone call from my old stitching friend, Carolyn. We've been part of each others lives since the late 70's, but had lots touch in the past couple of years.  The call was quite a surprise, and we ended up talking over an hour.  

So I have to say a day of positives. A "feel good" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment